In most worldwide organizations and industries, data entry is considered to be a basic and necessary task. Data entry is a process of transcribing information into an electronic medium such as a computer or other electronic device. In the United States, data entry clerk and statistician positions are one of the top ten fastest-growing jobs.
If you are looking to start a professional career as a data entry clerk, learning and understanding the key statistics, facts, and trends about this industry can help you better prepare to pursue employment in this promising field.
In this article, we have compiled a list of 44 essential data entry stats, facts, and trends to help you do just that.
Data Entry Employment Stats
Judging by the current data entry trends, data entry jobs will be in high demand and widely offered by employers in the coming years.
So let’s take a look at the latest data entry employment statistics.
- As of 2021, there are over 151,000 Data Entry Clerks employed in the United States.
- In the US, data entry clerks are most in-demand in the city of Atlanta, Georgia (GA).
- Data entry clerks located in Seattle earn the highest data entry clerk salary in the US.
- About 90% of all data entry clerks are data entry operators.
- Only 10% of all data entry clerks are data entry analysts (or statistical analysis experts).
- Data entry skills account for only 17% of all skills that a successful data entry clerk must possess.
- The majority of data entry clerks in the US live in New York City (NY) or Houston (TX).
- Spanish is the most commonly spoken foreign language among data entry clerks in the US (63%).
- 42% of companies with over 10,000 employees hire data entry specialists.
- Only 3% of small businesses (less than 50 employees) hire data entry specialists.
Data Entry Clerk Demographic Statistics
Using data from a few popular sources, we have gathered the latest data entry clerk demographic statistics in the United States.
Let’s analyze them.
- Females account for approximately 74.9% of all data entry clerks.
- Only 20.6% of data entry clerks in the US are male.
- Female data entry analysts earn about 3% less than male data entry keyers.
- Male data entry clerks earn on average $30,472 per year, while female data entry clerks earn about $29,649 per year.
- 58.3% of all data entry clerks in the US are White.
- 22.6% of all data entry clerks in the US are Hispanic or Latino.
- Only 10.3% of all data entry clerks in the US are Black or African American.
- The number of White data entry workers in the US has dropped by 2% between 2008 and 2021.
- The number of Hispanic or Latino data entry keyers in the US has increased by 4% between 2008 and 2021.
- In general, Asian data entry clerks earn the highest salary, while Hispanic or Latino data entry clerks earn the lowest salary.
Age Data Entry Clerk Statistics
- An average male data entry clerk in the US is 32 years old.
- An average female data entry clerk in the US is 43 years old.
- Among data entry workers, those of Hispanic or Latino origin are, on average, the youngest.
- White data entry professionals are, on average, the oldest.
- 57% of data entry clerks in the US are over 40 years old.
- Only 20% of data entry clerks in the US are between 20 and 30 years old.
- The highest average salary of a data entry clerk in the US is around $36,562 per year.
- In the US, most data entry clerks earn an average annual salary of $28,961.
- The hourly wage of an average data entry clerk in the US is approximately $15.80.
- An entry-level data entry clerk in the US earns around $24,000 per year.
- Only 10% of the best-paid data entry clerks earn a salary of more than $33,000 per year.
- Approximately 38% of all data entry clerks in the US have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 21% of all data entry clerks in the US have only finished high school.
- On average, data entry clerks with a Master’s Degree earn approximately $33,993 per year.
- On average, data entry clerks with a Bachelor’s Degree earn roughly $31,119 per year.
Industries Hiring Data Entry Clerk Statistics
This section highlights the information about the types of businesses and industries that employ data entry specialists.
- Typically, private companies hire data entry clerks more often than public companies.
- The primary industries that usually hire data entry clerks are staffing and outsourcing (15%), technology (10%), and banking and finance (9%).
- The industries least likely to hire data entry specialists are real estate (1.5%), energy (1.5%), advertising and marketing (1.5%), and telecommunication (2%).
- Interestingly, only 5% of data entry clerks work in the IT services industry.
Data Entry Error Stats
Despite the best intentions, mistakes are unavoidable. But errors can lead to erroneous decisions and losses. As many businesses still use manual data entry methods in their industrial processes, human errors occur frequently. So, let’s take a look at data entry error statistics.
- It is commonly accepted that the typical error rate in manual data entry is about 1%.
- In medical settings, data entry errors range between 0.04% and 0.67%.
- In research contexts, data entry error rates typically range from 0.55% to 3.6%.
- 60% of companies feel that their overall data quality is unreliable.
- Only 16% of companies find that their marketing data is good.
Data entry may sound quite technical, but in fact, this type of job doesn’t require any special qualifications. You can become a data entry clerk even if you have no previous experience.
However, if you want to succeed in this field, proficient typing skills, the ability to concentrate for lengthy periods, and perform accurately with adequate speed are needed.
If you plan on starting a career in the data entry field, this list of 44 data entry statistics, trends, and facts will help you prepare.
What is the average wpm for a data entry job?
Most mid-level data entry jobs usually require a typing speed of 60 to 80 words per minute.
In comparison, most entry-level data entry jobs require a typing speed of 40 to 60 words per minute. However, this may vary depending on the job description and industry.
44 Essential Data Entry Stats You Need to Know in 2022 always be updated on blogtomoney, please like and share 44 Essential Data Entry Stats You Need to Know in 2022 to others people!
Learn more How to here.
Watch free hot girl asia stock quality Photos on hotgirl.asia